Take advantage of up to $5,000 in rebates for upgrading to high efficiency and energy conserving HVAC and Plumbing equipment and performing home renovations!
To Qualify You Must:
Be a current Union Gas customer
Own a detached home, semi-detached home, or individually metered town home, AND
Be planning on replacing a gas furnace with a 94.9% AFUE or below to a 95% AFUE or higher furnace. Those upgrading to a 90% AFUE or higher gas boiler will also qualify.
Be planning on replacing a hot water heater with an ENERGY STAR natural gas water heater with an Energy Factor (EF) of .80 or higher.**
1. Mention to one of our Home Comfort Advisers that you are interested in having an energy assessment.
2. We will arrange with our energy assessors, Energuy, to contact you to set up an appointment prior to the replacement.
3. Energuy will visit your home and do a pre-renovation energy assessment to check that your system qualifies for these rebates.***
4. Hy-Mark will install your new furnace/boiler, hot water heater, and any other equipment you’ve ordered.
5. Energuy will return for a final home visit and do a post-replacement energy assessment. Energuy will prepare and submit all paperwork to your gas company to secure you your rebate.
You will be refunded for the cost of the energy assessments.†
6. You enjoy your comfortable home and extra money!
Contact us for more details.
*Qualifying furnaces/boilers entitle customer to $1,000 rebate.
**Qualifying water heaters entitle customer to $500 rebate.
***Union Gas requires homeowners complete at least two eligible renovations to qualify for rebates. Guaranteed listed rebate amounts include also upgrading the air sealing on your home. You can receive between $100-$150 back for achieving the base target on your air sealing. Ask Energuy for more details about air sealing.
† HST on the cost of the energy assessments will not be refunded. This cost will be roughly $65.