Change Your Career for the better.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in the full-time position of Commercial Sheet Metal Apprentice.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for installation of sheet-metal duct-work, HVAC units, including electronic and mechanical components for commercial projects. As a representative of the Hy- Mark team you will work using safe work practices with items. In all activities and tasks undertaken, the Sheet Metal Apprentice strives to provide the best client experience.
Specifically, as a Commercial Sheet Metal Apprentice, you will
- Follow and consistently demonstrate Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies Core Values
- Installation of HVAC ductwork including flexible tubing and sheet metal construction for various aspects of installation and venting
- Install or repair electrical connections to HVAC components
- Ensure your workplace is kept in an orderly and safe condition
- Uphold your responsibilities of the position according to the Ontario Health and Safety Act and the Hy-Mark Mechanical Health and Safety Policy
- Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Keeps detailed and accurate reports and
- Maintains a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair
- Performs other assigned work as required
As a Sheet Metal Apprentice, you will demonstrate the following qualifications
- Commitment to our organization’s progressive culture, including our company Core Values
- High school diploma preferred
- Completion of college vocational or technical training preferred
- Appropriate credentials and certifications
- Read and interpret and understand mechanical blueprints, drawings and specifications for new construction homes and small to midrise commercial project
- Mark houses for heating and cool air returns, main gas lines and venting
- Perform gas piping and vent furnaces, water heaters, and fireplaces
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allows one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong commitment to meet and complete tasks according to timelines/deadlines
If you have a lot to offer, we have a lot to give! Add your energy to ours and join the Hy-Mark team by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 519-658-4039.